Hello folks! I’m excited to be heading back over to the West Coast for a few days for a bunch of great events in Portland, OR as part of my residency with Bubbaville. Bubbaville is a non-profit arts organization that supports old-time music and dance in Portland. Here’s my schedule of community workshops and performances that are taking place from October 31 to November 4, 2015. More details about the events: http://bubbaguitar.com/dom-flemons/.
Saturday, October 31 – Halloween Hootenanny at Church of the Acoustic Redemption
8325 North Central, Portland (St. John’s)
- 2pm Bones workshop – $15 (includes a pair of wooden bones)
- 4pm Songster Guitar workshop
- 7pm Halloween Hootenanny (live music) – my set starts at 9:30pm
Sunday, November 1 – The Winding Stream at the Hollywood Theater
4122 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland
- 2pm screening of The Winding Stream + post-film music and discussion
- 7pm Potluck – more discussion and jamming
Monday, November 2 – Sharing Music with Kids!
- I’ll spend the day visiting classes and playing music for kids at Boise-Eliot/Humboldt K-8 School
- Concert at Ethos Music Center Recital Hall – 6:30pm
- Guitar workshop with Ethos Students 7:30 – 8:30pm
Tuesday, November 3 – Dom Flemons and Squirrel Butter at The Secret Society
116 NE Russell St., Portland
- Doors open at 7pm – I’ll be spinning some records for your enjoyment!
Wednesday, November 4 – BRAVO Youth Orchestras + House Concert
- I’ll be playing music for the Bravo Youth Orchestras programs at Rosa Parks and Cesar Chavez.
- Scott Killops will host a house concert with myself and Squirrel Butter
- Potluck starts at 6:30pm
- Music starts at 7:30pm